Disclosure - Whilst every care has been taken to ensure all of the information on this site is accurate, please always check with your dealer as errors can occur.
- Dales Central Motors Limited
- Dales Cornwall Limited
Who is responsible for your personal information?
What information do we collect?
- Information that you provide by filling in forms, including those on our Website.
- A copy of your driving licence when you test drive a vehicle or are provided with a courtesy car.
- When you enquire about or purchase a vehicle or services we collect personal information to respond to your enquiry and to process and complete your purchase.
- Details about the transactions you carry out with us including vehicle support services and vehicle purchases and purchases of other goods.
- CCTV footage in which you feature when you visit our premises.
- Information contained in and records of communications between us, including e-mails, letters and text messages. We also record calls between us for training, monitoring and quality control purposes.
- Details of your visits to our Website, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data (including the country and telephone area code where your computer is located) and the resources that you access (including the pages of our Website that you view).
- We will collect information concerning your marketing preferences.
- We also collect information to enable third parties to carry out credit reference checks on you (if you are purchasing a vehicle on finance) and we will receive and process information about the outcome of those checks in order to complete your purchase.
How do we use your personal information?
We use your personal information in connection with our business activities. In particular, we may use your personal information in the following ways:
- to respond to queries from you regarding the possible purchase of goods or services;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us including purchase of vehicles and provision of services, and to respond to queries from you regarding those contracts;
- to manage and administer the relationships between you and us (or one or more of the members of the DCM (Cornwall) Ltd Group);
- to notify you about changes to our services and to otherwise communicate with you; for example, we will use your contact details in order to respond to any queries that you submit to us; and
- to obtain feedback from you regarding us; and
- to provide you with reminders regarding your vehicle including, for example, when your vehicle is due to have a service or MOT undertaken.
With whom do we share your personal information?
In connection with the above uses of your personal information, we may share your personal information with third parties as described below. We will share your personal information with other DCM (Cornwall) Ltd entities in the DCM (Cornwall) Ltd group) for the purposes set out above and below. We may disclose your personal information to third parties in connection with our business activities, including in the following circumstances:
- We may pass your personal information to third party organisations that provide services to us (including assisting us with carrying out marketing activities).
- We may pass personal information to external agencies and organisations (including the police and other law enforcement agencies) for the purpose of preventing and detecting fraud (including fraudulent transactions) and criminal activity. We may also disclose personal information to the police and other law enforcement agencies in connection with the prevention and detection of crime.
- We may pass your personal information to a third party finance company for the purposes of them providing you with finance. Those organisations may carry out credit checks and may disclose your data to credit reference agencies for that purpose.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets (including car dealerships), we may disclose personal information held by us about our customers to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets. If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party (or subject to a reorganisation within our corporate group), personal information held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- We may pass your personal information to third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation (including in connection with a court order), or in order to enforce or apply the terms of any agreements we have with or otherwise concerning you (including agreements between you and us (or one or more members of the DCM (Cornwall) Group)); or to protect our rights, property or safety or those of our customers, employees or other third parties;
- We may pass your personal information to the relevant franchise manufacturer partner relating to your vehicle. They may contact you directly regarding your vehicle and to obtain feedback and/or to provide offers.
Protecting your personal information
Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we are able to disclose sensitive information to you. The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure; this risk is not specific to our Website and is common across the internet. We cannot guarantee the security of your data (including your personal
What choices do I have?
If you think the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or incorrect, you can request that we correct this information (including your marketing preferences) by writing to us using the details below. You can choose to stop receiving marketing emails or SMS messages from us by following the unsubscribe link and instructions on the respective marketing emails or SMS messages we send you. You can also choose to change your marketing preferences by writing to us using the details below.
Access to your personal information
The DPA gives you the right to access your personal information. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the DPA. Any access request may be subject to a fee (currently not exceeding £10) to meet our costs in providing you with details of the personal information we hold about you. To request access to your personal information, please contact us using the details below.
How to contact us
All rights, including copyright and database right, in the website and its contents, are owned by or licensed to Dales, or otherwise used by Dales as permitted by applicable law or the copyright holder. You may not copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, broadcast or transmit any text, images, graphic, logo, button, icon, image and their selection and arrangement thereof, and any underlying source code and software, for any commercial or public purpose without prior written permission from Dales or the copyright holder.
You may not adapt, alter or create any of the material or information in this site or use it for any other purpose other than for your personal non-commercial use. You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes.
Dales reserves the right to use for its own purposes any material submitted to the site, including text and images, either on the site or in any other form, including for publicity purposes. Dales reserves the right to monitor submissions to the site and to edit or reject any submissions.
We try to ensure that information on our site is accurate, complete and up-to-date. In using this site, however, you agree to be bound by the Terms & Conditions, which take effect on the date when you first use the site.
Without prejudice to your statutory rights, the site and all information, text, names, images, pictures, logos, links and icons and other materials (without limitation) are provided 'AS IS' and on an 'IS AVAILABLE' basis without representation warranty or endorsement, express or implied. In particular, we do not warrant or represent the accuracy or completeness of information provided on this site nor do we guarantee that use of this site will be uninterrupted or error-free, or that the site and its servers are free of computer viruses or bugs.
In no event will Dales be liable to any person for any damage or loss that may arise from the use of any information contained in our site or products displayed on our site, including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever arising from use or loss of use, data, or profits, whether in action of contract, negligence or other tortious action, arising out of or in connection with the use of the site.
Please note that we use your online browsing activities to engage in remarketing or similar audiences to advertise online.
Third-party vendors, including Google, show our ads on sites across the Internet.